Sunday 2 August 2009

Despereaux- Anyone else see the Israeli- ...

1. Despereaux- Anyone else see the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict embedded here? | Dec 21, 2008 6:30 pm PT
I loved Despereaux and saw many, many references to the conflict in the Middle East, most obviously in the star of David on Princess Pea's pendant but in many other more subtle ways. The message was beautiful if dreamy-eyed "the only thing stronger than grief is forgiveness" My family and I cried a bit, perhaps being too sentimental because it's the first night of Hanukkah but I thought it was such a beautiful message for kids and adults. The people, mice, and even rats were not inherently evil but products of their history, of cycles of violence and retribution. I wasn't looking for anything but a cute movie, and I don't normally see political or religious topics in every film, but did anyone else notice these themes??

from blogger "nerudamia"
Level 2
2 Dollars
Posts: 1
1. Despereaux- Anyone else see the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict embedded here? | Dec 21, 2008 6:30 pm PT

http://www.movietome.com/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=775264

No comments:

Post a Comment